Happy Thursday family…
A dear friend of mine in the Fellowship sent this to me yesterday and I thought it was worth sharing. It seems that clear cut direction are up for me this week. At my home group this past Monday, we had a great discussion on Step 11 (prayer and meditation) and I was reminded that our literature gives us beautiful direction on how to show up and participate in my own recovery. This graphic reminds me of what I can do first thing each morning (which came straight from our book).
Upon Awakening: Seek to improve my conscious contact.
1. Father, please direct my thinking, especially divorce it from motives of:
2. Please clear my thinking of wrong motives.
3. Think about the 24 hours ahead (DO-ing)
4. Consider my plans for the day (BE-ing)
5. Please clarify my vision of Your will for me today (intent). How can I best serve You?
6. If I feel indecision: ask God to give me an inspiration, an intuitive thought, or a decision. Ask God to help me relax and take it easy …to stop struggling.
7. Ask God to:
a. Show me all through the day what my next step is to be. (Knowledge)
b. Give me whatever I need to take care of tasks and problems. (Power)
c. Especially free me from self-will. (Freedom)
d. Show me the way of patience, tolerance, kindliness, and love. (Love)
e. Allow today’s work to provide an opportunity for me to be useful and helpful. What can I do today for the person who is still sick? (Service)
Have a glorious day family!